Saturday, February 15, 2014

Something a Little Bit Different




A few years ago I entered a block into Quiltmakers 100 Blocks competition and luckily it was chosen. The block was called Yvonne's Mystery as I had designed it for Yvonne, one of my students who wanted to do something different. As we were unsure of where we were going with the quilt it was a mystery. This morning someone asked me to design her a quilt based on this block and here are my first two attempts. Be interesting to see what her  thoughts are on these.
Isn't it amazing the difference colour placement makes. both blocks are the same but I have swapped the light and dark value in most places for the darker block. It will be interesting to see which block Linda decides to go with... and then we will see what ideas we can come up with for the border. I have a few more of this also...another mystery.

No comments: